Luckily, some smart person dreamed up the idea of a holiday that reminds us to let loose and break out of our workaholic patterns – NATIONAL GOOF OFF DAY, celebrated each year on March 22.
Here are 5 goofy off ideas to help you get in the spirit and take time to ‘stop and smell the roses.’
If you need more ideas on how to best enjoy your day and goof off, visit our events calendar for the latest happenings! Goof Off Day only comes once a year, so make the best of it!
- Take a Sunday drive, any day of the week! Just a change of scenery can be revitalizing and a leisurely drive on the Cayuga Lake Scenic Byway or the Great Lakes Seaway Trail can change your attitude. Discover breathtaking scenery and take time to stop along the way in the charming villages that dot the routes and offer an array of history, dining and shopping opportunities for you to enjoy.
- Have a coffee date. Take a friend, a significant other or just go by yourself and enjoy a cup of java at one of Cayuga County’s many spots for coffee aficionados. Take the time to really sit back, enjoy the aroma and savor the taste of coffee made with freshly roasted beans. Simple Roast offers fresh locally roasted, fair trade, organic coffee to go so you can have your coffee date anywhere you choose.
- Go outside and play! Cayuga County has an abundance of outdoor recreational activities – take a hike through one of our three State Parks on one of our nature trails and you’ll gain new appreciation for the benefits of enjoying the great outdoors.
- Get creative – The Schweinfurth Art Center in Auburn offers a Clay Open Studio and a Sewing Open Studio. Both are available on a drop-in basis, so consider stopping in on National Goof Off Day and explore your artistic side. Need some creative stimulation? Be sure to take in the Both Ends of the Rainbow and the Three Lakes Sampler exhibits also at the Art Center. You will be inspired!
- Eat whatever you want, whenever you want it! If you want breakfast for dinner, have it. If you want steak for breakfast, have it. Cayuga County’s eclectic dining options can satisfy just about any craving you have, any time you have it.
If you need more ideas on how to best enjoy your day and goof off, check out our things to do page! Goof Off Day only comes once a year, so make the best of it!