National Travel and Tourism Week
#PowerOfTravel May 2-8, 2021
This National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW), there is more reason than ever to celebrate the collective strength of the U.S. travel and tourism industry and its dynamic workforce.
The 38th annual NTTW, taking place May 2-8, recognizes the Power of Travel and the critical role our industry will play in bringing back our vibrant communities, restoring the economy, rebuilding our workforce and reconnecting America.
Prior to the pandemic, the travel industry was a powerful economic engine, supporting jobs and driving local economies in every pocket of America. The industry had experienced 107 straight months of growth, generated $2.6 trillion in economic output, supported 17 million American jobs and delivered a $51 billion trade surplus to the U.S.
Here are some easy and fun ways you can support the tourism industry in your community.
1. Enjoy a local activity. The Finger Lakes Sweet Treat Trail kicksoff on May 1, just in time for NTTW. Enjoy the flavor of Cayuga County and take a day to follow along this yummy trail and support small businesses while filling your tummy!
2. Visit a museum. Seward House Museum, Howland Stone Store Museum, Cayuga Museum of History and Art
3. Eat a meal out. Parker's, Cafe 108, Hunter's Dinerant for a full list of restaurants in Cayuga County click here.
4. Be an ambassador for a day. Visit your favorite place, take a photo and tag @cayuga_tourism. In the caption explain why it's your favorite place in the county.
5. Give yourself a staycation. Everyone could use a little R & R. Check out our lodging options here.
6. Visit a park or nature center and make a donation. Need an idea for a park to visit?
7. Shop small. Spend a day about town and check out the local retailers.