This weekend The Auburn Players Community Theatre starts another season of live theatre with the production of “Antigone & Letters to Soldiers Lost.”
Based on Sophocles’ play Antigone, this adaptation by Al Schnupp inter-splices the classic Greek tragedy with letters written to lost soldiers and left at the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington, DC. The letters are read by the cast as members at specific moments throughout the play. Together, the play and letters show how survivors deal with the aftermath of war.
Back lawn of the PERC Presbyterian Event & Retreat Center
(former Case Mansion), 108 South St in Auburn
Performances are free and students are encouraged to attend.
Bring a lawn chair! All performances will be outside.
Masks required while entering & exiting area.
Social distancing protocols will be followed.
No Public Restrooms are available.
- Presented By: Auburn Players Community Theater - Cayuga Community College
- Dates: July 23, 2021 - July 25, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Presbyterian Event and Retreat Center
- Address: 108 South Street
- Phone: (315) 702-7832
- Time: Fri.&Sat. 6PM, Sun. 2PM
“Antigone & Letters to Soldiers Lost”
- 108 South Street
- Auburn, NY 13021
- July 23, 2021 - July 25, 2021
- Presbyterian Event and Retreat Center
- Recurring daily