Anna Warfield's exhibit will consist of stitched, stuffed didactic poems and commands that are confrontational, mesmerizing and frightening. Her work veers between dead serious and casual.
This exhibit is part of the Central New York Emerging Artist Project in conjunction with the Cayuga Musuem. Anna's work will be on display in both the Cayuga and Gallery Julius at the Scwheinfurth. She is interested in using the juxtaposition of spaces between the Schweinfurth and the Cayuga Musuem to highlight didactic polarities in her work.
"My practice is driven by the juxtaposition of ideas, themes, textures and physical spaces. Soft Thorn, a recent body of work, consists of soft-sculptural poems. The work is aspirationally frank. The pieces address complexities in sexuality, female ownership of self, language and voice, with an underlying sexualization of speech. I catch and hold attention by moving text off the page and into the oversized, dimensional world of soft sculpture. The work broadcasts its intentions, summarizes memories, and demands conversations with a single other person; it’s intimate, personal, political."
- Presented By: Schweinfurth Art Center
- Dates: July 17, 2020 - September 27, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Schweinfurth Art Center
- Address: 205 Genesee Street
- Phone: (315) 255-1553
- Time: Tue-Sat 10AM-5PM; Sun. 1-5PM
- Price: $10; free for members, children 12 and under
All Things Being Blue
- 205 Genesee Street
- Auburn, NY 13021
- July 17, 2020 - September 27, 2020
- Schweinfurth Art Center
- $10; free for members, children 12 and under
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday