Maya Textiles and Identity in Guatemala, curated by Colgate University Professor Carol Ann Lorenz, highlights the textiles of different pueblos and how they illustrate indigenous identity on various cultural and social levels. Lorenz will give a guided tour of the exhibit at 2 p.m. Oct. 13, 2018. Guatemalan native Marines Perez Santos will demonstrate Maya weaving at 1 and 3 p.m. that day.
Reflecting Forward, by Rochester-area glass artist Margery Pearl Gurnett, features 3D mixed media wall pieces made with glass, paper, paint, and found objects suspended in resin.
Both exhibits open Sept. 1, 2018, and run through Oct. 14, 2018. The opening reception for both exhibits will be 5 to 8 p.m. Sept. 7 at the Schweinfurth Art Center, 205 Genesee St., Auburn.
- Presented By: Schweinfurth Art Center
- Dates: September 1, 2018 - October 14, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Schweinfurth Art Center
- Address: 205 Genesee Street
- Phone: 3152551553
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: $7 a person; members and children 12 and under are free
Maya Textiles and 3D Collage Exhibits
- 205 Genesee Street
- Auburn, NY 13021
- September 1, 2018 - October 14, 2018
- Schweinfurth Art Center
- $7 a person; members and children 12 and under are free
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday