Mother's Day Isn't Just One Day
Celebrate Mom all month long in May! We all know mom deserves more than one day, and sometimes it is hard to schedule the time mom deserves. The Inns of Aurora, is one of the many wonderful places to take mom for a special treat. The following is an itinerary filled with ideas on how to enjoy not only the Inns of Aurora but several of the small villages next to our wonderful Cayuga Lake...Aurora, Union Springs and Cayuga.
- Start your day by getting a fresh cup of coffee and pastry at The Village Market, in the Village of Aurora then take a nice stroll down Main Street and enjoy the views along Cayuga Lake.
- Visit the unique shops on Main Street such as Jane Morgan’s Little House, Trader Rose Vintage, and Vintage Lighting.
- You can also take a free tour of all the Inns of Aurora properties daily at 11am.
- After all that walking and shopping, I bet you’re ready for some lunch- stop in to the Fargo Bar and Grill.
- Afternoon would be a great time to visit a few of the wineries along the east side of Cayuga Lake. Known for unique and popular flavors:
- The Apple Station in Cayuga,
- Heart & Hands Winery in Union Springs,
- Long Point Winery in Aurora (while there, sample a bite at Amelia’s Deli, open weekends 11-4)
- Treleaven by King Ferry Winery (check out ‘The Hangtime,’ serving food on weekends during special events).
- Bright Leaf Vineyard in King Ferry, NY
- Izzo’s in Cayuga, NY
- After all that wine tasting, enjoy a well-deserved seat at the 1833 Kitchen and Bar, located at the Inns of Aurora to enjoy a scrumptious dinner prepared by renowned chefs or if seafood is more your flavor, try the Wheelhouse Restaurant located near the Village of Union Springs (opening May 17th).
- Like to learn something new or polish some skills handed down through the family? Aurora Cooks! is a new program offered at the Inns of Aurora’s demonstration kitchen featuring unique and well-loved themes.
- To wrap up the perfect day away, take a stroll down the pier at Long Point State Park to enjoy the beautiful sunset over Cayuga Lake.
- For a wonderful night’s rest, reserve an overnight stay at any of the Inns of Aurora properties. Continue your relaxation with a massage or yoga class, complimentary for guests.
- Start the morning with breakfast at Dugan’s Country Grill for some down-home cooking or explore refined palates at 1833 Kitchen and Bar.
- Just a short drive up scenic State Route 90, visit the whimsical and enchanting MacKenzie-Childs, where you can stroll the gardens, tour the farmhouse, and don’t forget to stop in to their beautiful gift shop.
- Drive into Union Springs and shop for some goodies to take home from Karen’s Country Confections and The Produce Place. Both of these shops sell locally-grown and locally-produced products and are partners on the award-winning Finger Lakes Sweet Treat Trail.
- During your stroll around the Village of Union Springs, venture down to Frontenac Park to enjoy the scenery and beautiful lake views. Truly a spectacular opportunity for some beautiful pictures to honor Mom.
- Before you leave for home, treat mom to a light lunch and then some yummy ice cream or other desserts from Pete’s Treats.
Links and Details
- The Village Market is open daily 7:00am to 8:00pm.
- Jane Morgan’s Little House is open Monday – Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- Trader Rose Vintage is open Friday – Sunday 11:00am to 5:00pm.
- Vintage Lighting is open Tuesday - Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Fargo Bar and Grill is open Sunday - Thursday 11:00am to 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am to 11:00pm (kitchen closes at 10:00pm).
- The Apple Station Winery is open Friday – Sunday from 12:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Heart and Hands Winery (the tasting room) is open April – December on Friday - Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Long Point Winery is open Monday - Friday 12:00pm to 5:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- Treleaven by King Ferry Winery is open Friday and Saturday 10:00am to 6:00pm, Sunday 10:00am to 5:00pm. The Hangtime hosts special events on weekends.
- Wheelhouse Restaurant hours vary.
- Aurora Cooks! offers classes on select dates at 11:00am, 3:30pm or 5:30pm.
- Long Point State Park is open from dawn to dusk.
- Dugan’s Country Grill opens daily at 6:00am.
- 1833 Kitchen and Bar is open daily 7:00am to 2:30pm and 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
- MacKenzie-Childs is open daily 10:00am to 5:00 pm, farmhouse tours are approximately 40 minutes long and are given at 11:00am, 1:00pm and 2:00pm.
- Karen’s Country Confections is open Wednesday through Saturday 7:00am to noon or 1:00pm.
- The Produce Place hours vary.
- Frontenac Park is open daily 11:00am to 6:00pm.
- Pete’s Treats is open for the season Sunday – Saturday 11:00am to 11:00pm.