Walk the steps of Harriet Tubman's Legacy.
This month in honor of Black History Month, as well as every other day of the year, Cayuga County invites you to explore the many sites that tell the story of an amazing hero - Harriet Tubman. Sites include:
- Harriet Tubman's Home
- Fort Hill Cemetery - Harriet's final resting place.
- Westminster Church where Harriet married Charles Nelson Davis
- The Seward House Museum - home of friends and confidants of Harriet
- Howland Stone Store Museum- site of pioneers in education for African Americans and friends of Harriet.
- Sherwood, NY - National Parks Service Equal Rights Historic District
- NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center - a newly constructed center to tie all the history together.
Ready, Set, FISH!
From fishing on smaller lakes like Owasco, Como and Otter, to big game fishing on Great Lake Ontario and everything in between, Cayuga County offers prime fishing opportunities.
Savor in the local flavor of Cayuga County
Discover the flavors of our beautiful region and the creative menus local chefs are coming up with! Stay tuned for Valentine's Day specials!
Shop Small, Shop Local and Shop Safe
This year more than ever we are encouraging local purchases to help the small businesses that make up our communities.