Safely Support Tourism in Cayuga County
This National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) was celebrated the first week in May. We are highlighting ways that you can continue to safely support the tourism industry. The Power of Travel and the critical role the tourism industry will play in bringing back our vibrant communities, restoring the economy, rebuilding our workforce and reconnecting America.
Prior to the pandemic, the travel industry was a powerful economic engine, supporting jobs and driving local economies in every pocket of America. The industry had experienced 107 straight months of growth, generated $2.6 trillion in economic output, supported 17 million American jobs and delivered a $51 billion trade surplus to the U.S.
Here are some easy and fun ways you can support the tourism industry in your community.
1. Enjoy a local activity. The Finger Lakes Sweet Treat Trail kicks off on May 1. Enjoy the flavor of Cayuga County and take a day to follow along this yummy trail and support small businesses while filling your tummy!
2. Visit a museum. Seward House Museum, Howland Stone Store Museum, Cayuga Museum of History and Art. Make a reservation to ensure the best experience and a comfortable environment for all.
3. Eat a meal out. Parker's, Cafe 108, Hunter's Dinerant for a full list of restaurants in Cayuga County click here. The weather is getting better and better every day, outdoor dining options and picnics are on the horizon!
4. Be an ambassador for a day. Visit your favorite place, take a photo and tag @cayuga_tourism. In the caption explain why it's your favorite place in the county.
5. Give yourself a staycation. Everyone could use a little R & R. Check out our lodging options here. Whether you're from the next town over, or a just a couple hours away take a break from the everyday with a staycation or mini getaway.
6. Visit a park or nature center and make a donation. Need an idea for a park to visit? Exploring the great outdoors never gets old.
7. Shop small. Spend a day about town and check out the local retailers. Treat yourself or find that perfect gift for your hard to shop for someone.
Find the latest guidelines here.