Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love, this year celebrate with your friends, your family or your partner! Sure, Valentine’s Day usually makes you think of a romantic dinner for two, but many people are choosing to change things up and celebrate this holiday with the people who mean the most to them. There are a lot of amazing things you can do on Valentine’s Day in Cayuga County to make this day memorable. Choosing the perfect way to celebrate this holiday can be a bit tricky, luckily, we have a few ideas for every budget and every kind of Valentine.
In preparing to write this blog, I scoured the internet looking for the perfect gift suggestions, and I think I may have found it..no need to worry about size, or age! This Valentine’s Day, surprise your loved ones with a shared experience.
Experiences lead to richer memories
Experiences lead to personal connections
Experiences lead to longer lasting happiness
The memorable aspect of the shared experience leads us to reminisce for year to come
- Enjoy a romantic walk or hike at one our many trails and take a couple’s selfie. Marvel at the beautiful scenery while you reconnect with each other and nature, discover a crystal-like frozen waterfall. Post your photos to your social media account, your friends may be just a little jealous. For ideas on great trails click here.
- Love to shop? Visit MacKenzie-Childs just north of Aurora where you’ll find beautiful heart-shaped bowls, plates and ornaments that are the perfect keepsakes to remember your special Finger Lakes Valentine’s Day. After shopping, stop by the Fargo Bar and Grill for a delicious lunch. On your way home stop at one of the local Finger Lakes wineries, for a taste test, or pick up a bottle of two to enjoy later.
For more information on wineries click here.
- Eat, drink and be merry! Wining and dining your valentine is a must. Cayuga County’s restaurants offer everything from fine dining to BBQ to pub style fare. If Italian food is your favorite try Osteria Salina in downtown Auburn, or if you are looking for something a bit more casual try out SummerHill brewing. If enjoy a romantic dinner by the fireplace is more to your liking 1833 Bar & Grill in the historic Inns of Aurora in picturesque Aurora may be just what you were looking for. Pick your favorite cuisine and make a reservation ahead of time so that you won’t be disappointed. For a listing of places to dine click here.
- You know the old saying “Sweets for the Sweet”, Cayuga County is home to a variety of fantastic bakeries and sweet shops. Place your order early for decedent chocolates by Gretchen’s, fabulous French macaroons by Moonflower or cookies, pies and more from Sweets by Sarah in Fair Haven, NY.
- Plan a getaway, plan a Hibercation and turn Valentine’s Day into a mini-winter vacation.. We describe HIbercation as one part vacation, one part hibernation 100 percent good for the soul. Click here for all the cozy details