A Few Days out with Girlfriends Getaway
Everyone needs a few days to step away from the demands of life and relax with friends to catch up, re-energize and pamper yourselves. These are some ideas of what you can do in Cayuga County to spend some much-needed friend time.
- Start your day in downtown Auburn by stopping into Historic Grounds to enjoy a quick cup of coffee or for a full breakfast, stop into Hunter's Dinerant.
- Now it is time to pamper yourselves. If you are looking for a massage, pedicure or manicure, look no further than Adonia Salon & Spa. If you seek the whole spa experience, try Elements Day Spa located at the Holiday Inn, The Center or Catalfano’s Massage Therapy.
- If you are looking for something different, try Zen Den Studio for yoga classes as well as various events and workshops to enhance health, healing and sustainability. They also have a café offering organic coffee, teas and nourishing smoothies.
- Kick back and relax with your friends - check in to your hotel room at the Holiday Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, or Inn at the Fingerlakes. Some locations even have a pool, so take a dip!
- What better bonding activity than enjoying a delicious dinner together in downtown Auburn. For a casual environment, choose Parker’s Grille, Swaby’s, Wild’s Eats and Sweets, or Prison City Pub & Brewery. All are walking distance from your hotel!
- Start the day with a hearty breakfast at New Hope Mills where you can enjoy a homestyle meal and shop in the gift shop. Don’t forget to pick up their famous pancake mix while you’re there!
- Take a short drive south of the city and visit Smiley’s Town and Country, where you’ll find beautiful home décor, flowers, candles, and collectibles.
- Visit the beautiful Dickman Farms, a locally-owned plant nursery known for beautifully grown plants and flowers as well as unique gifts. A truly enlightening experience and so close!
- Enjoy a moment of bliss at Gretchen’s Confections to indulge in artisan chocolates and specialty drinks.
- For connoisseurs of fine wine or cider, palettes will be pleased at the Underground Bottle Shop, specializing in wines and spirits from around the world.
- Travelers headed eastward will be amazed by the Finger Lakes- themed gifts and souvenirs at Lake House Gifts.
- Drive just a little farther east and stop at Strawberry Fields Hydroponic Farm, known for strawberries grown up off the ground for easy picking and a remarkably long growing season from mid-June through October. Sample a variety of yummy farm-to-table goodies and shop other locally-grown and locally-made products. Jams, honey, dressings and more!