Port Byron Old Erie Canal Heritage Park
1575 Rooker Drive or NYS Thruway eastbound at milepost 308.9
Port Byron, NY 13140
Phone: (315) 776-4601Website
The park gives visitors an authentic glimpse into life on the Erie Canal in the mid-19th and early 20th centuries including the enlarged Erie Canal Lock 52 and the Erie House Complex, which dates back to 1895 and includes the Erie House Tavern and Hotel, a mule barn and blacksmith shop. The newly constructed Visitor’s Center offers interactive displays and educational materials. Seasonal.